Chemistry is one of the most interesting subjects which is filled with amazing facts. Chemistry can be seen as a rigorous subject which requires students to have a logical way of thinking to understand the concepts.
The NCERT Solutions For Class 9 and Class 10 are considered the best to learn the basic concepts of chemistry.
Some fascinating facts about chemistry are given in the points mentioned below.
- There is around 250 g of NaCl(salt) in the average adult human body.
- The letter ‘J’ does not appear in the Periodic Table.
- Copper and gold are the only 2 non-silvery metals.
- A full bucket of normal water has more atoms than a bucket full of water from the Atlantic Ocean.
- The only metal that is naturally antibacterial is Copper.
- Air converts into liquid form at -190° C.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) is the gaseous form of dry ice.
- Helium is lighter than air,that is the reason why helium balloon float.
- DNA does not catch fire.
- Pears and apples release ethylene gas when they mature.
- The solid and liquid forms of oxygen are blue, but oxygen gas is colorless.
- Wasp stings are alkaline while bee stings are acidic.
- There is about 13 billionth of a gram of gold in each liter of seawater.
- Like water, liquid air has a bluish tint.
- Because of the presence of a lot of iron oxide, Mars looks red.
- Hydrofluoric acid will dissolve glass as it is very corrosive.
- Mercury and bromine are the only elements that are liquid at room temperature.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest chemical in the human body.
These were some interesting and fascinating facts about chemistry. Learn more interesting facts and the basic concepts of chemistry by following NCERT Solutions For Class 8, Class 9 and Class 10.