grab our button
There it is, our sock basket, home of the lost souls (or should that be lost SOLES? *wink*), resting place for the as-yet-unmatched socks. Most of them find their partner and are freed but there are some that may NEVER escape the basket. Sometimes, when I’m really not in the mood for laundry and find my mind wandering, I wonder what has happened to those other socks. What is a sock without it’s twin? Is the sock doomed or is the sock getting into all sorts of adventures. Oh yeah, mostly these thoughts are after too much wine too.
So, with tongue firmly in cheek, I decided to come up with a list of ten things a lone sock can do:
- Use it to make a bun-enhancer like this
- Collect bits of used soap inside and hang it in the shower or bath for soap on a rope
- Use it over a vacuum hose to remove spiders or find tiny items like in this pic
- Put over your hand to dust blinds and lampshades
- Make a sock puppet (a sock monkey requires two socks)
- Cut the toe off and use as a tubular bandage to hold ice, compresses, dressings etc in place
- Fill with wheat, sew the end closed and use as a heat pack
- Cut the toe off and then slide over your straightener, curling iron or hairdryer (with the cord already wrapped around the appliance) to keep cords untangled
- Keep it in your handbag for when you need to try shoes on in a store
- Stuff with your keys etc and then bury in the sand when you’re at the beach.
Any other ideas? Like cleaning vases? Or like maybe I lay off the red wine? haha!